Make a Pledge
- Out of Thanksgiving: People give in thanksgiving to God for all that God has already given them.
- Out of Commitment to St. Mary’s: Pledging both signals and deepens one’s commitment to the church.
- Because they have received: Many people give because they have received from our many ministries at St. Mary’s. What have you received from St. Mary’s?
- For Spiritual Growth: People give in order to learn that it is more blessed to give than to receive and to control one’s money instead of letting it control them.
- Because St. Mary’s needs it: A strong budget is essential for the programs, staffing, building maintenance, and support that uphold the vital ministry we all do together.
How do I decide how much to give?
Consider Bingham's thoughts on pledging as a way to grow in your faith. We mailed a letter to you from Bingham at the beginning of October.
Additionally, consider the materials we send out in our annual pledge mailing each October. You can contact the office for a copy of the current year mailing.
If you are a current pledger, a $7/month increase will help us continue to offer worship, outreach, education, and pastoral care. Our cost of doing business continues to rise each year with inflation. This year we are able to ask for an increase that is smaller than inflation. If you are a new pledger, thank you! Please prayerfully consider what you can give to St. Mary's to support the ministries we provide.
How to fulfill your pledge
Check: Make your check out to St. Mary’s Episcopal Church and place it in the offertory plate at church, mail it to us (1300 Pearl Street, Eugene, Oregon 97401), or drop it in our safe in the workroom.
Electronic Check: An electronic check goes directly from your checking account to ours. When signing up with your bank, please be sure to note that our mailing address is 1300 Pearl Street, Eugene, Oregon 97401.
Cash: If you want to be credited for a cash donation, please put it in a marked envelope when putting it in the offertory plate, or drop it in our safe in the workroom, again, in a marked envelope.
Credit Card: You can also donate to St. Mary’s with your credit card. To make a credit card payment, return to the Give page and click either the "One Time" or "Recurring" button; you will be taken to a secure transaction form supported by Stripe and MoonClerk. Unlike the other payment options, this option does include a fee assessed to St. Mary’s. Stripe charges St. Mary’s 2.9% of the amount donated + 30¢ per transaction. Please consider adding a bit more to your donation to offset the fees.